Friday, April 25, 2014

Wake Up April!
Yes, I said I was going to write more often, I'm sorry- I didn't mean to lie. Most days (usually while in my car) I dream of the beautiful posts that I am going to write- then something always seems to pop up!
I know spring is here- because I start craving ice-cold thingies to drink. I bought a big bag of ice to keep in the big freezer to have at the ready. We have straws- I have a new water bottle by lifefactory, that I completely love. From the color- to durability  (with 2 kids you know that thing has fallen on the floor!) I am really happy with the choice.
I just got out of the library Fifteen Minutes Outside By Rebecca Cohen- although I am just a few pages in, I knew I would enjoy the idea and theory behind it. I read a lot of non fiction, but I don't always get to read fiction. Lately, I have been keeping a novel nearby stashed in the bathroom at the ready for bath time for me or the kids. Here is the list of what I have read in the last few months (keep in mind I am a very slow reader). I started with Anne Tyler's  Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant- which was amazing. Next, was Alice Hoffman's Skylight Confessions- holy geesh- this was just such a beautifully written book- I think I fell in love with every character! This was my first Hoffman book- although I was first attracted to Practical Magic- because of the magic element- I haven't read the book because I saw the movie and haven't gotten past that. This is a book I wish they had a movie for because it was something I couldn't wait for more. Lastly, I finished Mrs. Poe by Lynn Cullen. I love Edgar Allan Poe. To read a book about his possible intimate life with his wife/family was very interesting- granted it is historical fiction, I enjoyed the idea of it. I also liked reading about life in NYC during the 1840's.
So there are a few book ideas for your spring endeavors~
Leaving you with Hazel's portrait of the Lorax. His eyes and mustache are just what nails it for me- she amazes me with her skills.


No comments: