Friday, June 27, 2008

The Littlest Birds Sing the Prettiest Songs

Not only is this one of my favorite Be Good Tanya- songs but seeing as this is our new shower curtain I thought it appropriate. Our new place is also in a corner of the woods. We have all different kinds of birds chirping loudly their little songs. I am also a huge fan of browns with blues.

I decided to go with the coral sleeveless sundress for the wedding tomorrow. So today I'm wearing the yellow & grey dress from yesterday's post. Dresses are so easy.

I've always been a huge collector of vintage fabrics & linens and finally started diving into some pillowcases for shift tops. I have one on my mannequin? ( I never know what to call her she is really just hips- neck- Bust?) anyhow there is one half finished on my bust now. I also pinned together the custom clutch so that I can add a bow, stitch it up and add some cute details before sending it on its way.

We're still emptying the old apartment slowly- but have till the 1st. My mom gave me a beautiful glass juice jug with a lid and a spicket perfect for summer drinks. I made some decaf Red Rose tea yesterday & have been snacking on that with garlicky/chive hummus and rosemary crackers. I've also had a hankering for hot cocoa. With no ma & pa coffee shops locally I've been hitting the local Starbuck's that is now located inside our local grocery. Two mornings in a row- after dropping Z off for a 7am train, I stopped in for a cocoa. Quite delicious.

With that I wish you all a happy weekend! Ours will be pretty busy as will next weekend. I look forward to some down time with my hubby and kitties on our couch in our new home eventually!
Be well~

2 comments:

BEESTLYproducts said...

that's it..... i'm going to target as soon as i get outta my PJS!

queenvanna said...

mmm... with my first daughter i pretty much lived on starbucks peppermint hot chocolates... might be why i gained 52 lbs with her. =O but we needed that calcium and hydration!!

i'm going to look into this "dress" thing a little more. one piece, over the head and wa-LA! ready to go!