Sunday, May 23, 2010

a girl and her boots


new boots!, originally uploaded by hobocampcrafts.

Here is a picture of my new-to-me $1.00 boots! I have been wearing them around the yard and running errands, just trying to get use to the weight of their heavy souls. Maybe these are why cowgirls and pioneer mamas alike always have such awesome calves!

This weekend, we decided to try and make a little kitchen for Hazel and NOT spend $200+ dollars. So using this recipe, from
Ohdeedoh Zach came up with a similar design- but something unique- just like Hazey! Once we've finished it- I'll be sure to show it off!

Aside from taking my parents to see our hopeful little home, we then kidnapped them to find the nearest Trader Joe's (in CT) whilst enjoying some lattes. I had forgotten the nooks and crannies of this dear house and some of the more ahem, interesting things needing a good fix.

Have I mentioned the new love affair I'm having with a pair of jeans? Well, let me explain. Since my colitis cocktail seems to be working, I've put on a few pounds. I guess I should be grateful that I am feeling better (which I am) but I certainly was enjoying the skinniest me I may have ever had. Regardless after the holidays, I was using a gift card at TJ Maxx when I found the comfiest, sweetest pair of jeans ever. They fit like a glove and I want to wear them with everything! Under a skirt, why not? Under a dress? You bet! The jeans were on deep clearance and a mere $7.00. They are cast-offs from American Eagle with a flare-oh how I do love a flared jean. So I brought them home and have been enamored ever since... but see that wasn't enough. I started looking innocently enough, perhaps chasing the jean dragon if you will. Then I decided if these were my favorite jeans ever and even fit the slimmer or huskier me- I needed to own more than just 1 pair. So what does any good shopper in love with a material item do? Go to Ebay, of course! There I found 2 pair of my jeans for sale in my size. Let's just say I have 2 packages that should arrive in the next few weeks and I couldn't be happier. Jeans have always been one of my favorite things to wear and I consider them- along with my apron my daily mama gear. It is the little things, the comfy,denim,little things.
xo

2 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

First off- I can't wait to see the kitchen.

And secondly, YAY for you getting back to a healthy version of yourself!! Seriously, I bet you're feeling great.

considerthelillies said...

wow, great boots and only a dollar!!! I am still searching for the perfect and inexpensive pair of jeans! You really scored!