Sunday, August 8, 2010

a little here a little there

Is basically how we're bringing our house together. I found the best Goodwill the other day on an adventure around Connecticut. Who knew?! But here are some of the lovelies I found:


Two of the sweetest children's reads


and a mama read I've wanted for awhile. It seemed to be out of print- so you can imagine, finding it on the shelf was kind of amazing!


A few other goodies, a wooden Dansk bowl for fruit- to go with my handed-down Dansk dishes. A big glass jar for treats (we've got some moths visiting on and off- so keeping food in glass jars is important!) and a smallish stainless steel frying pan- perfect for eggs for 2 or even 3~

Along with trying to square away the house- I've been putting a coffee cuff bonanza box together for a friend's shop (Jen, if you're reading this it's coming soon!) then we just got an order for our little sweater cards to be used as Save the Dates for a wintry wedding. I'm so happy to have work and it is gearing me back up for the holidays.

Since Hazel's room and our room is coming along, now we've got the 2 bathrooms, kitchen and living room to tend to. Out of them all the kitchen is the most challenging. Here are a few pics of the cabinets without the doors. We are kind of in a stuck mode. We've got so much work to do in here- I feel a little overwhelmed.. but we're working on it. I'm also trying to purge- purge - purge. Little dishes and mugs we don't need and picked up over the years, fabric i love but need to pass on. Our house is small and I need to be mindful of exactly what I bring in. So the one in one out is another rule I am trying to live by. I'm also trying to come up with a virtual clothing swap- I'd love to hear if anyone is interested.





Sorry they're a little blurry. The paint I picked up for the kitchen is called Peaceful White in Yolo. I am hoping once it is finished we'll have a definite om moment.
Hope you are enjoying your summer xo Off to Rhode Island this week!

P.S. I'll be selling some of my fabric stacks in the next few weeks in my other shop, Button Chops!!

1 comment:

Jodi Renshaw said...

I remember the days of searching through Goodwill for the best books for our family --- now we have shelves full! Books are so important to our little ones ... and what we choose for them will stay with them for a lifetime.

Anyway --- love your blog. Havent dropped in for a while --- but glad I am back :)

Love,
Jodi