Thursday, March 12, 2009

Annie Vs. Jaime




Whenever I have my hair cut short people tell me I look like either Annie Lennox or Jaime Lee Curtis. Like today in line at Ikea, a group of women were sharing a cart-I thought I would be next- but there were actually six women in front of me, so I had to wait. So I was kind of staring into the abyss when this woman said "has anyone ever told you, you look like Jaime Lee Curtis?"

Not that I am complaining- both women were and are gorgeous it's just funny.

In other news, I've gone 4 days without any sort of medicine- just using my peppermint capsules & acaia powder- and eating a gluten-free diet that is a miracle for me. To be able to leave the house and be somewhat carefree is an amazing feeling. This Saturday, my parents are having their last hurrah before we move in with them sometime in late May, so we'll all go over and enjoy an Irish feast. My plan is to make some gluten-free/dairy-free Irish soda bread- one of my favorites for this time of year.

In hoboland- I've been sewing during Hazel's nap time and semi-late nights. I have 3 summery clutches almost finished to share with you. They are one of my favorite things to make and sort of use to be the bread & butter of Hobocamp and I'd like them to make a comeback.

I'm feeling grateful:
for our baby girl, Hazel
for my husband, who works all day and comes home to a bit of a messy place and doesn't think twice about it
for my friends and family I can reach out to
for feeling some relief with my tummy troubles

2 comments:

queenvanna said...

did you answer "no, no one has EVER told me that!" ;)

i'm so lucky to have a great hunny, too...one who works all day then comes home to take the laundry out of the dryer and fold itty bitty little socks. i love that.

Tia Colleen said...

Congratulations on being gluten free!!!