Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hazel's Bedroom Part 1



When we moved in, it was a shade of beigey-grey. In fact our bedroom and the outside of the house look like they are the same exact shade of beigey-grey! Something had to be done ASAP! So we found our semi-local Mythic paint dealer and ordered a few gallons for our rooms.

Hazel's is called You Are My Sunshine. Which I found to be perfect, since we sing that song a million times a day everyday. It was also the song my grandfather sang to my mother. Here are a few pictures of her freshly painted room with some of her belongings inside. I am still debating on the actual set up of furniture. I painted her dresser (which we got from my parents' neighbor's garbage -- hey it's real wood with new-looking hardware!) and used Mythic's Sprite Mist(something like that name) to spiff it up. Some other pieces are brighter greens and various bright colors.




We started painting our bedroom tonight. Then I used henna on my hair. Since our well/plumbing is kinda crazy- we don't have hot water and now my head is tingling from spending 10 minutes under the faucet getting the grit out from my scalp! I went with black and I am pretty happy with how it came out! All about changing colors..hmm must be longing for autumn!
xo

4 comments:

andrea creates said...

I love that color.I'm always tempted to do sunny yellows :)
Funny tho, I'm about to go to the home improvement store to buy some beigy grey for the laundry room!lol
Have a great weekend

Hobocamp Crafts said...

I should add- the beigy grey is a perfect house seller- from what I know- hey it worked for us! Behind every brightly-colored wall in this house there will be me, wondering should I have left the bg?!! :)

Unknown said...

The walls look great! So cheery for a happy little girl. :)

Tia Colleen said...

We sing You Are My Sunshine a million times a day too! Its my kids favorite :)

And I LOVE that color. I'm so excited to follow along as you turn your little cottage into a place all of your own.