Saturday, January 23, 2010

a home


home is where the heart is, originally uploaded by hobocampcrafts.

It is true- your home really is where ever you make it and whatever you make of it. We started our search to find our little home on Monday and had plans for today as well. Of course that meant my colitis would rear it's ugly head and get me up at 2- without an end in site, I took Imodium and set up camp on the couch. Jasper asleep behind me on the back of the couch like the good old days. I finally fell asleep around 5 am. I knew there was no real way I could make it to 5 or 6 houses and be ready by 10am, so I sent Zach notebook & camera in hand.. to do the dirty work of finding us a home.

Out of the 3 we did see on Monday, the first one I liked and could picture us there and already have. In my mind I've decorated the living room and renovated the kitchen. Funny how our minds work. It isn't that we are not enjoying our stay with my parents, it is just as a new family we need to have our own little space. For Hazel to grow and a place where we can host play dates and dinner parties.. a place to hang our hats and grow our own food and bask in the sun and a bathroom that isn't shared with 3 other adults! It is easy when you need something to feel desperate about it and jump at the first one, but I am trying hard to hold my tongue and not jump.

The sun is coming in through the kitchen window and I am feel decent. The babe is asleep, I am sipping a chai and thinking about what to make for lunch. Soup? Quiche? I have been so good this week with not spending much money. It feels good and I am finding it a great challenge to try and use all of the food in the freezer and cubboards before we actually shop. Have a great weekend whatever you do!

No comments: