Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday! Hump Day- Coffee Cuff Madness


I Got A lot done today!, originally uploaded by hobocampcrafts.

I'm really excited that I was able to get so many cuffs made today. I still have a few more to go. It just goes to show that when I pin and cut out the pieces the night before I can just focus on sewing and the little details that I so love to attend to.

Tomorrow I made a dr appt to figure out what is wrong with me. I started thinking maybe I had been drinking too much grape juice- but when I reserached that (googled it) nothing actually came up about exces of grape juice.

A Valentine I purchased from Etsy arrived- however I have to wait to show you till after V-Day since certain people may read this and it could spoil the fun! A large envelope arrived that had my adorable kelly green moon/snow boots from Lands End. I have been looking for affordable vegan snow boots- I heard it may snow on Friday- I look forward to using them!

I've been focusing on coffee cuffs lately- they're a lot of fun to make and just feel like functional pieces of art. They also give me the chance to create something that might help cut back on trash and our footprint on the earth- even if it is the littlest bit.

For dinner tonight I made up a recipe I'm calling New Year Soup~
You Need:
1-2 chp. veggie or real sausage,1 chp onion, 1c. black-eyed peas,3 or more peeled,chopped carrots,1can of drained kidney beans,1 1/2c. collard greens,1tbsp. olive oil,
1tbsp. hot pepper flakes,1tsp. celery salt, 2tbsp. garlic powder or 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 2 tbsp. hot sauce

Start w/ olive oil- chopped sausage, carrots & onion- saute ( 5-7 minutes). Next add collard greens,black-eyed peas and 4 cups of water. Stir in spices and kidney beans. Stir frequent add drained kidney beans. Cook till carrots are softish. Enjoy on a cold night with your cutie of choice and toasty bread or cornbread.xo yum


Shout out to Heatherjeany.etsy.com on her new baby boy~ Congrats!

2 comments:

theVintageZoo said...

ooohhhh... your soup sounds WONDERFUL! i'll have to try that!

and your coffee cuffs are just adorable. just deciding WHICH ONE!! ;-)

and, yes, i just started the blog. we'll see how it goes. ;-)

Michelle said...

http://www.vegetarianshoesandbags.com/) is another great vegan site for shoes, boots and more. Check it out!