Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!


THursday Jan 3 2008! SPT, originally uploaded by hobocampcrafts.

Here is my Self Portait Thursday photo. I was feeling a little flapperish-
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥The New Year was spent with good friends at a local Sushi Rest. called East that serves their fare on a conveyor belt. After we had everyone over our place basically for the first time since we moved there. Enjoying salsa & chips, cookies and other yummy bits. I was introduced to the LOLCAt site and watched a couple of SNL shorts which I had never seen. Then those who were around for the ball dropping rang in the new year with water in fancy champagne flutes!

♥The following day we listened to Christmas music one last time and packed up the holiday ornaments & such.


♥Last night was the premiere of the new season(18th to be exact) of Law & Order with Six Feet Under's Jeremy Sisto. Ahhh following in the foot steps of the wonderful Det. Robert Goren played by Vincent D'Onofrio, it seems possible that Sisto- who plays Detective Cyrus Lupo, may be as lovely & strange as Goren. I can't wait! Of course Old Faithful,the new appointed DA,Jack McCoy aka Sam "The Eyebrow" Waterson is still available for the witty comeback and swish of bourbon. Oh how I do love all of the Laws & Orders.xo

♥In other news- I've been working hard on finishing up projects that I started for the shop before the holidays and had not finished. There will be some new aprons- with skulls & owl themes- new totes- coffee cuffs-Scraparellas- ties-Valentine's theme gifts and other cuteness.All the lovlies you'll need for your Valentine Honey or for anyday of the week~So look for new pieces in the shop!

♥In an attempt to actually budget better- my parents gave us a membership for Costco. My hopes are that I can cut our running to the local market 2x a week down by stocking up in advance. So I started planning our dinners for the entire months of January & February. I was inspired by the last few pages of Woman's Day magazine. A magazine my mom got me a subscription for a year ago and then just renewed for me. The last page has a month's worth of mostly meat dinners- but I made mine for vegetarians and vegans(omit a few eggs). If anyone is interested- email me or leave a comment and I'll send you a copy.

♥From the dinners planned I was able to use what is in our cubbards and what we will need to buy. We also made a list of what we have on hand ( drygoods & canned). This may all sound a bit crazy- but we needed to cut down on extra buying and not eating our leftovers.
I also planned to use up what we may have in one recipe in another- but I don't think it is boring by any means!

♥So that is what our New Year's has been about. Getting organized- streamlining our household and updates for the shop. We'll be ordering new business cards & designing new buttons too.
Hope your New Year is looking Cheery & Bright!

No comments: