Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This and That

this little girl can pretty much make my heart melt at any given moment- we're blessed by her smile and all I want to do is cuddle with her!



This March I'll be 31. Wow I feel sorta old- yet I still feel kinda young. I want to dye my hair a fun color so I can feel like the cool mom,I want to start wearing my nose ring again and I wanna be the woman carrying around her Bebe so effortlessly. I use to see these mamas when I was younger 1 part earth mama + 1 part Janie Jones.

We chose to have a baby before finding our permanent place to live. We move yearly.My mom always says "you can put up with anything for a year". In June it will be a year in our present place and I'm already thinking of what is next for us. Although now might be a good time to buy a house- we are not ready for that yet. Recently my mom and I have been toying with the idea of co-habitation and splitting the bills etc. The idea would be to save money and then use that as a down payment on a very modest home.

In the mean time while we are saving for a year or so- Hazel will have a nice yard to begin crawling in- we'll have a place to bar-b-cue on weekends- and somewhere to sun bathe & get a kiddie pool for hot summer days. I think Zach is on board- it will make his commute a bit more interesting- as he'll start taking the ferry. I took it when I worked in NYC and enjoyed it. These are crazy times- and you have to do what you can to survive. I'm glad I have my parents so close and agreeable to this idea. We won't move till June. But I've already started to figure what we'll need and what will go into storage. If we don't make this move now- who knows how long it will take to save a down payment in our current place as we throw our money down the drain.

I'm hopeful and excited about it. The sun is shining in through the kitchen. I've started getting ready to start a gluten- free diet- to see if it will help with my stomach issues. I've read it can do wonders for IBS. So now we've been scouring Trader Joe's and other markets for Gluten- Free- not as easy as I would have hoped.

Today we're meeting new friends for tea and then old friends- all before I visit my medical friends at the doctor's for an EKG. Last night I worked on some Littlest Stitch Sewing Kits and tonight I'll finish the order by adding some coffee cuffs and a very special pin cushion. With the move- I'll be adding some de-stashed fabric to our shoppe- for a Sale- keep your eyes peeled!
xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie-poo! Those pictures of Hazel are sooo cute!! I hear ya about moving. We did what we had to do and it brought the stress level down quite a bit. If you do actually move you know we are here to help you guys. I hope to see you and H at dinner later! :)