Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

I can't believe that 6 years ago on the 12th, Zach and I had our first date after chatting through Friendster- does anyone even remember that site? So we chatted- exchanged a few emails and had our first date on Feb 12th... a mere 3 days before V-Day. Luckily we didn't really acknowledge that day, which made for smooth sailing and no awkwardness- there was plenty of awkwardness brought on by us both- we didn't need any help!

Our first date was at the Thai House, a great little place that use to be an old diner- but is now an authentic Thai place. I was nervous and late. He seemed very cool and didn't laugh at any of my jokes. He also came up with a plan to go for coffee after the movie we were going to see and instead of coffee he dropped me off at my car and promptly drove off. I guess he kinda forgot. It was something that I never held against him and even till this day- we get a laugh out of it.

Zach thank you. My best friend. My partner. A papa. You make it all worth it. I am so appreciative of you and how you care for your family. Through sickness and in health- here is to 60 years!

As we embark on our new journey as parents,lovers,friends and hopefully homeowners- I wouldn't want anyone else by my side.
my soul mate xo

No comments: