Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Inspiration from Others

My mother got out of surgery yesterday and of course was very groggy. She is doing much better,walking around and sitting up.This afternoon I'm going over to visit her. I think I'll stop by Jamba Juice and get us both something fruity to go with the weather, before seeing her.

I still haven't started my mending, but I did take some before shots I will soon share. Today so far, I made turkey meatballs and sauce. Yankee candle would have my money if they could make a candle smell like a delicious pot of red sauce cooking on the stove! Just imagine- yum!

Inspired by Tia, who was originally inspired by, Alita over at Da Mainiacs.

Outside my window: I see the shed my parent's bought us to hold all of our belongings till we find a house of our own.

I am thinking: That I need to be more patient. I need to take more deep breaths and try to focus on the moment. I need to count to 10 and breath.

I am thankful for: The sun shining a baby who went right down for a nap and Zach, who is my rock.

I am wearing: What I slept in. Oh yes, I will get dressed- I even plan on wearing my shamrock socks and a green turtleneck. But for the moment I am wearing my new cozy yoga pants, a favorite sweater and a tank top oh and my old slippers that need updating.

I am remembering: All the things I should be doing.

I am creating: A home, even if most of it at the moment consists of a hopeful folder of pictures, ideas that swirl in my head and glances at the shed full of everything we own.


I am going: To get the baby up, give her lunch-head to get some smoothies, pick up Zach from the train and head to the hospital.


I am reading; Simple Sewing for Baby, by Lotta Jansdotter and always a million magazines.


I am hoping: To have our little nest by October. I can't wait to have a little place in the autumn and to invite our friends and family for Hazel's 2nd birthday in December.

On my mind: How my DR. appointment will go tomorrow.

Noticing that: The pastina is ready and the baby is stiring in her crib.

Pondering these words: I've lost my edge.


From the kitchen: I can tell the pastina may now be burnt!

Around the house: There is a lot to do. So many things to keep my busy and aid me in my procrastination!

One of my favorite things: Saturday. Zach is home and we can get some quality family time. Saturday nights are reserved for takeout (sometimes) but always a movie. It might be a horror flick or comedy or an oldie but goodie.

A few plans for the rest of the week: A DR visit, a welcome home dinner for mom and a possible park playdate.

A Picture I would Like to Share:

3 Layer Tuxedo Cake, my mom made for my b-day one year.

No comments: