Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How Things Are Here~


20 Weeks, originally uploaded by hobocampcrafts.

The weather is getting hotter & hotter. Tomorrow there is a lot of chatter about a seriously hot day. Cool drinks are much needed when the wether is hot. They're fun to make, look pretty and actually keep you cool all day. (assuming your sippin' all day)

After finding out about some health issues posed by drinking decaf coffee as well as reading about the process of extracting the caffeine, I've been looking for alternatives. I found Teeccino, which is an herbal blend of caffeine free coffee. I also read in the book Raising Baby Green > By Dr. Alan Greene that the healthy extracting process is called The Swiss Water process. Many coffee companies from Starbucks- Seattle's Best offer decaf coffee made from this process, which is great!

One of my favorite things to drink is iced coffee, if you didn't pick up on where I was going. I've found one of the best ways to do this is make a tray of coffee-infused ice cubes. That way when they start to melt the flavor doesn't go away- it actually increases! But of course lemonade, made fresh is always one of the most refreshing drinks.. I'll have to look into making my own soon.

In other worldly subjects, I believe I need to give up cheese, again. I met with my Gastro Doc and well- just like I had suspected.. the dairy issue has returned! I wish all cheese-based dishes a sad goodbye.

This shot is of my belly at 20 weeks. If I was correct when I gave them my weight, I've gained 21 pounds! Um yeah. Luckily I don't feel too big. Although we need to get our bed put together, because it gets more & more difficult to roll outta bed everyday!

My crafty plan for today is to cut out a bunch of fleece coffee sleeves. Sketch & cut a couple of appliques, to add to some hand-me-down baby clothing- to refresh them and the list goes on. Is it crazy to be thinking about the holidays? Oh don't forget the new Project Runway starts tonight! yay xo
Have a great day hobos!

No comments: