Wednesday, March 5, 2008


Jelly Beans are to Spring, what candy corn is to Autumn. Excitement and a sense of newness. We picked up a bag and added them to this little vintage candy dish. They're quickly being devoured during primetime tv watching and afternoon quickie snacks. Although it is a dissapointment when you think you're eating a cool coconut and it turns out to be buttered popcorn- bleck~

We applied for The Providence Open Market today- we had a lot of fun last year- so we're up for another year- here is hoping!

I left my camera at my parent's house-so I won't be able to list or upload anything exciting for a few days. Last night on a whim I baked some banana bread . In the past I have always had trouble with our oven and the bread not cooking well enough. This recipe calls for 1 hour in the oven and that worked just fine. The top was a bit crispy- but the inside was perfect!!

Tonight I have yoga.Yesterday's test went very well- I didn't need a mammogram- but a sonogram.. and there was a doctor on hand to read my stats. Everything is fine, normal and perfect! I breathed a huge sigh of relief in her office - fighting back slight tears. Zach then drove me to the health food store to get some ice cream!

I've been thinking about streamlining the items I make- focusing on a few things rather than being so broad. But I'm torn- because I see clothes that are adorable and might just need a little something like an applique or a button and I want those pieces to stay in my shop. So I don't know what way to go. I'd love to become one of the shops critiqued by the Etsy crew- but I know there are a million sellers all hoping for the same thing- so I need to try and be objective- myself.

After reading The Vintage Zoo's Blog and Some Girls Wander I too feel a doily sensation coming on- or possibly a vintage hankerchief soiree.

Last night we watched 30 Days of Night w/ Josh Hotnet.. um I mean Hartnet- it was verrry scary and an all around neato horror flick.

Well have a happy Tuesday night-
m

4 comments:

Ivy & Mae said...

yummy jelly bellys and banana bread! I'm in the same quandry over if I should keep *all* of my items in my shop or narrow what I offer! Good luck.

Loree said...

I alway get hungry when I read your blog. I want you to come visit and bake random things while you're here. Sounds like a fun vacation, no?

Let me know if or when you guys are going to be doing the market in Providence. One of my best friends goes to grad school at RISD, and I've been promising to visit her for some time. It'd be cool if I could see you guys for a bit, too.

Bruno and Betty said...

I'm digging the doily's too, now if only I could think of where I stashed the ones I horded away for just an occasion as this.

theVintageZoo said...

awwww... thanks for the link love. you're the best. i LOOOOVVEEEE sour jelly bellies. you don't get any of those nasty buttered popcorn ones in there. you need to try them if you haven't already. they are delightful!