Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Still Toasty After All These Years

I like people with interesting socks. I've been building my collection since my teens- I learned early from my mother and have started finding neat ones for Hazel too.

Zach has the best sock collection. Some exciting like a map of the Underground in London - silly beer bottles- a growing skull selection-and an awesome array of stripes. He also has the warmest, toastiest winter socks. Wool and warm and perfect for rainy-day toes. Perhaps it is in his blood, you know being from New England and all.. maybe there is a toasty sock clause I am unaware of. Well on nasty days, I always reach for his dresser draw of warm woolies and today is no different.

Last night I colored my hair. An auburny tint- just enough to cover my grays and whites?! Whites?@, yes! Thanks Hazel! I used a natural plant-based dye called Naturcolor. It has been over a year since I've had any color and although I like this red- I instantly kinda wished I hadn't dyed my un-dyed hair. But it did make my bad hair cut look 100% better to me. So I guess I'll grow it out and then try to leave the color alone and let it go natural again and figure something out about the dang gray & whites.

In our space, I'm starting to add our own pieces.

Just a little something handmade, to hang over the changing table. I traded my handed-down changing table for the top of our vintage dresser. This way Hazel's clothing is all inside and easily accessible one-handed.

I managed to list this this morning. It still has not gotten any easier to work and care for Hazel. Her sleep schedule is wonky and didn't nap for more than 20 minutes yesterday- but she went to sleep at 7:30 last night which was a nice change.

Who knows what adventures today will bring.

No comments: