Thursday, May 14, 2009

Delicious Perfection


I have no pictures to share with you. Although my little bakey-bakey party I threw myself last night, while most of my family and friends were glued to the couch watching the season finale of LOST I was getting my bake on. Trust me when I tell you- I made 2 1/2 loaves of delicious gluten-free, pumpkin-banana bread. I cut myself a steamy, gooey piece and then enjoyed a piece around 3am after a Hazel feeding session. I say delicious- because it was-perfect because for me and my track record with these two ingredients- my track record is horrible. Maybe it was my mother's new oven or my father's encouragement hovering over the bowl.. either way it was topped with just enough brown sugar to melt and cover the top and fill my tummy with deliciousness.

Thursday was rainy. H and I met a good friend and her daughter at the farmer's market. We walked & talked and laughed. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who thinks something- then I'll say it out loud and realize someone else thinks the same thing. Let's just say the thing revolved around other mothers who were VERY excited about a local kid's band playing at the market. We were not as excited and found that pretty funny. I'm so glad there are some bands out there that appeal to children AND adults and don't have to sound like Barney or the Teletubbies.

After calling everyday for 3 days-I finally heard back from my doctor.. it seems there was some inflammation as it seems like IBS. He offered no real advice except for "don't eat dairy" which I haven't eaten in a year. So back to square one and yes, doing it on my own.He did tell me, my test for Celiac came back negative again.. but I'm still skeptic. I'll be monitoring my foods and writing a diary on it to try and find some pattern- exciting!
Mom, Hazel and I went to the Trader Joe's today, so Friday is free. Since Saturday is Zach's birthday- I'll need some time for extra special birthday planning. Maybe even get some sewing done. I've got an idea to make a traditional pillowcase dress- out of an oversized t-shirt for H. We'll see how this goes.
xo

No comments: