Monday, December 22, 2008

Two Steps Forward- Two Steps Back

I sound like a Paula Abdul enthusiast- believe me at one time in the early 90's I was. These days you can find me dancing to Harry Belafonte's "Jump In the Line" attempting to make a newborn slightly giggle.

The Abdul reference is due in part to my breastfeeding woes. Things were getting a bit better and then terrible pains on Thursday+ a midwife visit= yeast and possible mastitis. So on the antibiotics I go- then I was getting mixed messages about bfeeding. The pharmacy said do not breastfeed- and my midwife said it was A-OK. I ended up just giving H formula for the duration of the weekend and getting a 2nd & 3rd opinion as well. So we hopped back on the breastfeeding train and will continue the caboose of formula. How is that weird analogy for ya?!

The blanket of snow we encountered this weekend was warmly welcomed by the Oats. We strolled through our little neighborhood- blinded by the snow- but happy to see it.

Last night H's sleeping pattern threw me- big time. Instead of waking at 10ish and staying up till 4am- she fell asleep around 12:30 and let me sleep till 3:30! Wow was it that evident that I was so sleepy even to a 3 week-old?

:::: Happy 3 Weeks Hazel Juniper:::::

Today in the brief nap time I had- I was able to finish a special gift and organize the others. I'm so grateful for Zach having the rest of the week off- or working from home. I appreciate our team effort for baby Hazel. One little baby- wiping us both out but loving every minute.

:::::::a budding friendship::::::::

holiday merriment::: Z modeling the too-big elf hat for H:::::::
Well I'm off to attempt holiday cookies, a few more handmade gifts and maybe some shut-eye?
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
xo
the oats

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are nothing if you are not determined. Bless ya!

Tia Colleen said...

She gets more and more beautiful in every picture.

I think you're doing a wonderful job as a new mother. I love reading your updates.