Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Farewell 2008

What a happy little creature!




I was able to get a little bit of sewing accomplished.Now if I could just find the natural light to take pictures- I think it is supposed to snow.

Yesterday, we had planned a walk to the park across the street, but by time we had lunch- took a family nap ( including the kitties) it was just too chilly. So we ran a few errands then came home and had a Kashi- thin crust pizza for dinner (which was pretty darn yummy). I was saving it for a celebratory dinner for tonight- but that didn't exactly happen.

So I think I'll make some kind of winter soup for tonight, then tomorrow we'll have black-eyed peas & collard greens for New Year's Day. I haven't been eating a very good diet,I must admit. Which is a problem because- I'm still breastfeeding. I mean I'm not eating like Buddy the Elf, but I am certainly not back to the normal "me" foods. Part of this is due to IBS, which I am still experiencing in different forms. I'm hesitant to eat certain things, yet I'm not eating crucial things. Today though, I'm going to make an apple crumble with the remaining apples and use the sweet potatoes for a mash. I'm going to plan our dinners for the next 2 weeks or so- then when we go food shopping on Friday it will all be somewhat organized- somewhat.


Here is a sweater handed- down. It had some stains on it- but fit Hazel perfectly, so I just added some kooky- free form appliques and two blue buttons. She looks pretty cute.

Well as everyone gears up for the hustle of the New Year, I'll leave you with an excerpt from A Child's Calendar By John Updike-illustrations by Trina Schart Hyman. I read this to Hazel a lot while in my tummy and plan to read it even more now that she's out!
:::::December::::::
First snow! The flakes,
So few, so light
Remake the world
In solid white.

All bundled up,
We feel as if
We were fat penguins,
Warm and stiff.

The toy-packed shops
Half split their sides,
And Mother brings home
Things she hides.

Old carols peal.
The dusk is dense.
There is a mood
Of sweet suspense.

The sheperds wait,
The kings, the tree-
All wait for something
Yet to be,

Some miracle.
And then it's here,
Wrapped up in hope-
Another year!


Happy New Year all- be safe & have fun!

2 comments:

Yumanbing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tia Colleen said...

Somebody needs to explain this black eyed peas and new years thing. I've only just recently heard of the association, and I have no idea what it is?