Monday, October 27, 2008

Last night Z was super sleepy- the effects of a full- non-stop weekend. Up at 7 on Saturday, on the road by 8. We stopped for chais and made our way to Westerly, RI for our New England Baby Shower. The ride up was beautiful. The leaves have changed into colors that are yet to hit our part of New York.


Since we arrived early- we stopped at one of our favorite haunts, The Blue Mitten Thrift. We had great success with finding some vintage sheets (1 still in package), a cute baby sleeper, a tiny- adorable plant holder and a few other treasures.(Pictures to come)

It was nice to see everyone. The day was very special- filled with well-wishes towards our soon-to-be bundle. We got so many wonderful things at our Westerly shower. There was a beautiful autumnal theme- which my Mother-in-Law & I both love. Butternut ravioli (which my MIL found for me!!), cider, apple crisp- delicious fall treats.





The feelings of becoming a parent are certainly solidifying in my brain and heart now. Zach put together our stroller and seeing that with the car seat- just slightly took my breath away. Happiness and feeling a little overwhelmed. There is just so much to do- to remember- to read- to try. I know we won't always get it right- but I want to try.


35 weeks pregnant. I can't wait to meet this baby of ours. In the mean time- I'll continue our owl loving::::this gem was found behind the tool shed at my in-laws. She's missing a beak.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Shop Update:::::::::::::::::::::::::
This week I'll be filling the shop with some toasty, Vagabond scarves. Made of vintage fabrics, new & old, upcycled wool, soft fleece, cashmere- you get the picture.




Hope you have a great Monday/Start to the week. Halloween costumes must be started soon! Thanks to all who have stopped by!
xo
M

No comments: